As #Hermine exits stage right, let us leave you with a great new resource for Long Islanders, launched by United Way, 2-1-1 Long Island and PSEG Long Island last week. The new safety initiative at BeReadyLI.org is a collaboration between PSEG Long Island, United Way of Long Island, and 2-1-1 Long Island, designed to help Long Islanders be prepared before, during, and after a disaster. By following a few simple steps, you can help protect your entire family in the case of an emergency. Features of BeReadyLI.org include:
- preparedness tips and facts about variety of disaster categories;
- an expansive but concise database of programs and support services;
- critical phone numbers and websites of recovery resources;
- up-to-the-minute weather tracking and outage maps;
- educational videos and guides for children from Sesame Street;
- a short quiz testing the user’s preparedness level
Check it out!