Reposted from PSEG Long Island
PSEG Long Island: Storm Update – January 27, 2015 9:00 a.m. ET
PSEG Long Island is reporting that, as of 9:00 a.m. ET, 150 of its 1.1 million customers across Long Island and the Rockaways are without power – with restoration expected today.
The first significant winter weather event of 2015 has had little impact on PSEG Long Island’s electric system. Since the storm began yesterday, PSEG Long Island has restored power to more than 7,000 customers. With minimal outages, PSEG Long Island is releasing all mutual assistance personnel that came to Long Island to assist the utility’s own personnel.
All of PSEG Long Island’s customer offices will remain closed today for regular business. The following customer offices are open as Customer Outreach Centers and will be staffed and stocked with bottled water and charging stations for customers to charge their personal communications devices:
- Riverhead – 117 Doctor’s Path, Riverhead, NY 11901
- Brentwood – 1650 Islip Avenue, Brentwood, NY 11717
- Roslyn Heights – 250 Willis Avenue, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Customers are reminded to stay in touch with PSEG Long Island:
- To report downed wires or power outages, customers should call PSEG Long Island’s Customer Service line at 1-800-490-0075
- Once registered, report power outages by texting “OUT” to PSEGLI (773454)
- Check for updates using our outage map at https://www.psegliny.com/c.cfm/Outage
- Follow PSEG Facebook and Twitter pages for restoration progress. Do not report outages through our social media pages